- Is this your full-time business?
- Can you help with song lists and providing suggestions?
We are happy to help you develop the perfect soundtrack for your event. We’ll need some input from you on your vision for the event and insight into your guest demographic so we can build your playlist. We have a vast music library and 20 years of experience to draw from, but knowing your musical taste is essential.
- How do you know to get toes tapping or everyone on the dance floor?
Having performed for 20 years in a wide variety of venues, we’re experienced in reading the crowd and setting the appropriate mood, either a background vibe or building up the dance floor energy and keeping it there.
- How do you handle song requests?
That’s up to you. Ultimately, we want to ensure your wishes are met, but we appreciate the need to keep your guests happy. Prior to your event, we’ll talk with you about your preference for handling song requests and have a plan in place.
- Can I hear some examples of mixing and blending different tracks?
Absolutely. Sample mixes for a variety of genres are available on our ‘Sample Mixes’ page.
- What sound equipment do you utilize? Do you have back-up equipment?
Vestax turntables, Yamaha mixer, and Behringer PA System. We carry back up equipment at every event.
- What other services do you offer?
We offer master of ceremonies services, but we do not provide services such as lighting or HD video screens. We’d be happy to make recommendations for any services we do not provide from our partner network.
- What do you typically wear?
A tuxedo for weddings and a suit for corporate events.
- How many hours are included in the package?
There’s no set number of hours. Each client we work with has unique needs so their proposal reflects those needs, one of which is the number of hours they want us to perform for. We will play for as long as you want.
- What's your sick-day policy?
We have two highly experienced DJs on standby should DJ Rew be unable to play your event due to illness.
- Do you have liability insurance?
Yes, we have liability insurance. A copy of our certificate is available upon request.
- Do you request a deposit?
We ask for a 50% non-refundable deposit when you accept our proposal.
- How much do you charge?
We do not have standardized pricing because every event is unique. After meeting with you and learning about your event we’ll deliver a customized proposal which outlines our services and associated costs.
- Do I have the option of extending your performance time?
Absolutely. If you want to keep the party going we’re happy to oblige. Your proposal will list the hourly cost of extending our performance at your event.
- What clubs and venues have you performed at?
Locally, we’ve played at the State Theater, Portland House of Music, Longfellow Square, Empire, Aura and Port City to name some of the venues. We’ve also performed at the Bellagio in Las Vegas as well as clubs in Kansas City and Miami.
- Are weddings your primary focus?
Weddings are not our primary focus, but they are one of our most enjoyable events to do. Our time is split between weddings, private parties, club sets and corporate events.
- How do you customize the music experience for each couple? Can you play the songs that are important to us?
We build a soundtrack for your wedding that is based on your style, tastes and vision for your special day. Providing your must-play list is a key component in our pre-production process. We also like to know if there are any must not play songs.
- Why should I choose you as my wedding DJ?
Our one goal is ensuring your wedding is a success and that your guests have a magical and memorable time. We focus our experience, expertise and versatility on making sure that happens.
- Have you played at our chosen wedding venue before? If not, can you make a site visit beforehand?
Regardless of whether we’ve performed at your venue before, we make a site visit prior to performing. Our goal is to meet venue staff, discuss any vendor rules, plan equipment needs and check the venue acoustics. We provide each venue with our company information and insurance certificate.
- Can you act as master of ceremonies?
- Do you have another wedding before or after ours?
We do not book multiple weddings on the same day. We like our clients to know they are our only priority and to have the flexibility of extending their parties. Overtime rates are available upon request.